On November 20, 2020, 31 Yukoners gathered via Zoom to talk to each other about big ideas from the starting points of:
How can we build a true Yukon digital platform to put our collective foot forward to the vast online population?
What would Yukoners and Yukon businesses have to build together to achieve such an awesome, global online presence? What kinds of content would we need to have, what kinds of digital technologies would we use to create awesome digital experiences, and what kind of visionary web presence would we create to be a global online force?
Here is the full zoom recording with annotated chapter markers as well as a written summary report:
Several Yukon-led territorial and national projects were featured as part of the exchange of ideas and experiences:
- https://yfnarts.ca/ – online store for Yukon Indigenous arts and products (Charlene Alexander, YFNCTA)
- https://yukononlinemarket.ca/ – just launched online store for artisans and crafters (Jasmine Roush, Willow Gamberg, Yukon)
- https://availablelight.watch/ – launched in October 2019, ALD makes Yukon films and shorts available to Yukoners and the world for viewing and renting (Braden Brickner, Yukon)
- https://digitalartsnation.ca/ – national digital literacy and intelligence project (Inga Petri, Yukon)
- http://digitalinnovationcouncil.ca/ – conversations, insights from digital practitioners in the arts and culture sector (Inga Petri, Yukon)
- https://yukonorganics.ca/ – sharing food orders to get high quality foods into remote locations at good prices (Scott McKenzie, Yukon)
- Creative Lab North (Melaina Sheldon & Jayden Soroka, Yukon) – in development
- ThePitch.ca: Online Showcase for the Performing Arts (Debbie Peters, Yukon) – in development
- Yukon Transportation Museum – developing digital products and services (Janna Swales, Yukon) – in development
Guest speakers also contributed greatly to the conversation by expanding on approaches to digital technologies and opportunities: Tammy Lee, Culture Creates (Montreal), Margaret Lam, Bemused Network (Waterloo, ON)
For more on Inga’s digital vision take a listen to Yukon Entrepreneur Podcast Series recorded as part of Yukon Innovation Week 2020.